St. John’s International Airport Launches New Website
ST. JOHN’S, NL, Tuesday, October 28, 2014 – St. John’s International Airport Authority launched a new website today that offers a modern, updated look that integrates new features, including a responsive design in both official languages, while maintaining the most popular content and features of the former site. The website retains its URL: stjohnsairport.com.
“This website is an important communication tool that provides valuable travel information to passengers, and shares our activities and plans as an Airport Authority with our stakeholders and the general public,” said Marie Manning, Director of Marketing and Business Development with the St. John’s International Airport Authority. “This new and attractive website strengthens our ability to openly communicate with all our stakeholders, and shows our commitment to consistently enhance the travelling experience for passengers at our airport.”
Elements of the new website include the following:
- A responsive design that allows the website to be viewed through a variety of website browsers and devices, including mobile phones and tablets;
- A website that provides important flight and airport information in both official languages;
- Social media posts that are incorporated into the homepage;
- Printable Airport Terminal Building and parking lot maps;
- Flight information that maintains its prominent position on the homepage that can be expanded and minimized;
- The ability for viewers to search for flights and to track a flight by selecting the flight number within the flight information display;
- A webcam link that allows viewers to observe the weather conditions at the Airport;
- Local weather information available on the homepage, with a link to an extended weather forecast;
- Customer feedback forms that allow passengers to connect directly with the Airport Authority;
- Quick access to Airport Authority construction plans and available airport services; and
- The ability to check fares and book flights to and from St. John’s International Airport, available through the QuickTrip link.
The new website was developed by Triware Technologies, a local information technology consulting and support company.
St. John’s International Airport Authority is a private, not-for-profit organization with the mandate to provide the region with a safe, cost-efficient transportation facility that is a catalyst for economic growth. Under the provisions of a long-term Ground Lease with the Federal Government of Canada, the Airport Authority is responsible for the airport’s operations on behalf of the community it serves.