YYT Safe Travels
Coming to YYT? Here’s what you need to know to ensure Safe Travels.
Travel Declaration Form for Arriving YYT Passengers
All travellers entering Newfoundland and Labrador are required to:
- Fill out a Government of Newfoundland and Labrador travel form within 30 days of their expected travel date. (Parents/Guardians should fill out this form on behalf of children under the age of 16.)
- Follow Public Health Orders during their stay
Fully vaccinated travellers are not required to self-isolate or be tested for COVID-19, please read Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Travel Restrictions for partially vaccinated, and unvaccinated travellers.
Starting October 30, 2021: to depart from Canadian airports, travellers will need to qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller. See more
In alignment with public health recommendations and Transport Canada requirements, everyone at St. John’s International Airport, including employees and travellers, must wear a mask inside the terminal building.
- when a person is eating/drinking/taking medications
- persons who have breathing problems or are unconscious
- persons who are unable to remove the mask on their own
- mask requirements for children
Who is Permitted in the Terminal Building?
Our doors are open to passengers and greeters. Please be mindful of the number of greeters picking up the same passenger as physical distancing protocols must be met.
Pick Up / Drop Off. When picking up or dropping off a passenger at the designated curbside area, please stay in your car and do not leave your vehicle unattended.
Airport Ground Transportation. Our contracted ground transportation services have revised protocols in place to ensure the safety of both drivers and passengers. The number of passengers per vehicle has been reduced, and each car is cleaned once the passenger(s) disembarks.
Metrobus. Metrobus public transit remains available for passengers and employees at the Airport. Please check directly with Metrobus for current schedule and procedures.