Roundabout and Cell Phone Waiting Lot
The new roundabout and cell phone waiting lot on World Parkway are designed to manage the anticipated increase in traffic flows, especially with a number of new developments planned for the area that include a service (gas) station, a rental car facility and two hotels. Roundabouts are safer for pedestrians and motorists due to slower speeds and one-way circulation. They are efficient and result in less noise, less fuel consumption and less air pollution.
To watch the roundabout safety video, please click the image below:
The new cell phone waiting lot allows people who plan to pick up passengers at the curb to wait in this free parking lot until the passenger arrives. Free Wi-Fi is available in this parking lot while the drivers wait, allowing them to track the progress of the awaiting flight.
- Take note of signs, slow down and select the proper lane for your destination (see above).
- Be aware of crosswalks and stop for pedestrians.
- Yield to traffic in all lanes to your left before entering. Proceed when there is a safe gap.
- Remain in your lane to your exit. If you miss your exit, continue through the roundabout until you see the exit again.
- Large vehicles may need to occupy both lanes. Do not drive next to them in the roundabout.
- Truck drivers may use the raised truck apron as needed to make turns with tractor trailers.
- No backing up in the roundabout.
- Traffic in the circle has the right of way.
- Cross only at marked crosswalks.
- Raised splitter islands allow crossing one direction of traffic at a time.
- Extend your arm and indicate your intention to cross, then wait for a safe gap in traffic. Make eye contact with drivers to make sure they see you.
- Cross to the traffic island, then wait for a safe gap in the other traffic direction.
- Never cross to the center island.
- If the emergency vehicle is not yet in the roundabout, pull over to the right to allow the emergency vehicle to pass.
- If you are in the roundabout, proceed to your exit. Continue past the splitter island, then pull over to the right.
- Never stop or reverse in the roundabout.