Heavy Equipment Operators (Seasonal)
St. John’s International Airport Authority (SJIAA) is a private, not-for-profit corporation committed to creating an exceptional airport experience at Newfoundland and Labrador’s premier gateway. The airport is the second largest in Atlantic Canada and currently serves approximately 1.6 million passengers annually.
We are currently seeking the services of Heavy Equipment Operators for our winter operations season:
- Valid Class 3 Provincial Driver’s Licence with 08 and 09 endorsements.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in heavy equipment operation.
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Formal heavy equipment training and certification from a recognized training institution or equivalent experience.
- General labour and construction experience.
- Ability to hold an Airport Restricted Area Security Pass.
- Ability to obtain an airport vehicle operator’s permit and radio licence.
- Knowledge of safe work practices and regulations.
These positions work a rotating shift schedule (40 hours per week are guaranteed) combined with standby and overtime, as necessary. These are unionized positions with competitive pay and benefits, in accordance with the collective agreement. These positions are for the period November 14, 2017 until March 31, 2018.
Interested applicants should forward their resumes, including a current copy of drivers’ abstract by September 29, 2017 either by e-mail, fax or in writing to:
Manager – Human Resources
St. John’s International Airport Authority
Box 1, Airport Terminal Building
100 World Parkway
St. John’s, NL A1A 5T2
Fax: (709) 758-8521
Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. St. John’s International Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer.