Technical Support Specialist
The St. John’s International Airport Authority (SJIAA) is a not-for-profit corporation committed to creating an exceptional airport experience at Newfoundland and Labrador’s premier gateway. The airport is the second largest in Atlantic Canada and currently serves approximately 1.6 million passengers annually.
We are currently seeking the services of a Technical Support Specialist. Reporting to the Director – Infrastructure and Planning, this position is responsible for assisting in planning, designing and inspecting civil engineering projects, life cycle management of airport civil infrastructure, implementing standards for engineering, aerodrome technical design, and airport land development as well as operating the Authority’s Technical Data Centre, including related document management and controls.
As an ideal candidate your qualifications include:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or Professional Technologist (P. Tech)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience related to infrastructure planning, construction and maintenance (in an airport setting would be an asset)
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD, GIS and surveying
- Detail-oriented individual, with a strong understanding of document management
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team, building effective working relationships with internal departments and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain Airport Security Clearance
Interested applicants should forward their resumes by March 9, 2017 either by e-mail, fax or in writing to:
Manager – Human Resources
St. John’s International Airport Authority
Box 1, Airport Terminal Building
100 World Parkway
St. John’s, NL A1A 5T2
Fax: (709) 758-8521
Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. St. John’s International Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer.